Mushroom, Spinach & Goat's Cheese Frittata
• 6 medium eggs
• pinch of sea salt and black pepper
• 1 tbsp cooking oil
• 4 white mushrooms, sliced
• 6 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
• 90g (31/2oz) spinach, chopped
• 40g (11/2oz) goat’s cheese
PREP TIME: 2 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 16 MINUTES
1. In a large bowl, beat the eggs and add
the salt and pepper.
2. Heat a little oil in an ovenproof frittata pan and add the mushrooms and gently cook for 1 minute, then add the spinach and cook for a further minute. Remove half of the mixture and put to the side.
3. Pour the eggs on top of the mushrooms and spinach left in the pan and gently heat for 3–4 minutes. Put the rest of the cooked mushrooms and spinach on top of the
frittata and crumble over the goat’s cheese.
4. Place in a preheated oven at 180°C,
350°F, Gas Mark 4 for 10 minutes.
PER SERVING 185kcals, 12.7g protein, 13.1g fat
(4.4g saturates), 4.4g carbs, 1.3g fibre, 1.8g sugar,
Dannii Martin is a freelance health
food and fitness writer at
She discovered a love of cooking when she lost over 45kg (100lb) and found ways to make all her favourite meals healthier, so she never felt like she was giving anything up. Dannii believes that healthy food should never be boring.
Facebook: Hungry Healthy Happy
, 03 April 2017