Tuna Caper Pâté with Oat Cakes
• 160g (53/4oz) canned good-quality tuna in olive oil, drained
• 4 anchovies
• 1 tbsp softened butter
• 1 tbsp capers
• handful of fresh parsley
• juice and zest of ½ a lemon
• oatcakes, to serve
• crudités, to serve
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: None
1. Place all of the pâté ingredients into a food processor and blend until a smooth paste is formed.
2. Transfer to a serving dish and chill until ready to serve.
3. Spread on oatcakes or serve with crudités. per serving 229kcals, 15g protein, 12g fat, (5g saturates), 1g carbs, 0g fibre, 0g sugar, 0.7g sodium
If you want to lower the fat content of the pâté, you can replace the butter with natural yoghurt; it just won’t set as firmly when chilled in the fridge.
Ceri Jones combines her passion for healthful food and nutrition with a love of cooking and exploring new recipes with fresh, seasonal ingredients. Ceri completed her Natural Chef training at Bauman College of Holistic Nutrition and Culinary Arts near San Francisco in 2014, and now lives and works in her hometown of London as food writer, recipe developer and community cooking teacher. Ceri also enjoys catering for yoga retreats, occasional supper clubs, and other small health-minded events.
, 14 March 2017