Vegan Buckwheat Banana Pancakes
- 1 large banana, plus extra for decoration
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 175g (6oz) wholemeal buckwheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 300ml (11/4 cups) soya milk
- maple syrup, to serve
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOKING TIME: 20 minutes
- Thoroughly mash together the banana and the coconut oil until light and creamy.
- Add the buckwheat flour, baking powder and soya milk and stir until well combined.
- Leave to sit for 5 minutes or so while you preheat a non-stick frying pan.
- Drop the pancake batter by the spoonful onto the hot pan and cook for 90 seconds or so on each side.
- The pancakes will be ready to turn when they are covered in little bubbles that have popped and the edges start to brown.
- Serve warm with plenty of maple syrup and garnish with banana slices.
PER SERVING (not including maple syrup) 255.3kcals, 8.5g protein, 8.7g fat, (6.6g saturates), 38.6g carbs,
5.6g fibre, 5g sugar, 0.2g sodium
Recipe supplied by Elizabeth Atia. Visit her site here: www.elizabethskitchendiary.com
, 09 February 2016